The internet offers limitless possibilities. We now live inside it,–people get information from the web, shop, watch TV, and so much more. If you have an online business, you know the value of content: it is the King.
Whether you are an affiliate marketer, blogger, or launching your own store online, you need content.
Internet marketing articles allows you to hit two birds with one stone. You can provide value to your redaers and site visitors, and also open doors to make sales.
It is unlike those pop-up ads that annoy readers. With written content, you can provide instructions, amuse, and convince someone to use your product, provided that it is done right.
How do I write internet marketing articles that convert?
Times have changed. There was a time when search engine algorithms preferred short entries. At that time, the shorter, the better. The ideal word count was about 300-500 words. This has changed.
Today, long-form articles are favoired this is not to say that a 600-word article will not do its job. it really depends on the quality of your content, and what value it provides.
Here are some tips to implement when writing:
- Be direct – you don’t have to use metaphors to teach a reader how to fix their defective gaming consoles or what-have-you. If your articles are about solutions, be direct to the point. Do not use fluff, and talk to your audience as you would when speaking.
- Use sub-headings – sub-headings allow your readers to skim through your article and find the information they want. People today no longer read from top to bottom. If they like what they see, they are likely to read your entire post.
- Keep it simple – you must write in spoken English, not in written English. Your audience is the world, not a group of academics.
- Talk to your target market – use a voice that your target market can relate to. Also, use words like “you” and “I”. Get personal.
- Never deceive – no one likes clickbait. If your headline reads how to install a bidet, then your article must teach the reader how to install it, not what bidets are the best ones to buy. Clickbaits are great for getting traffic, but you will never make a sale.
Should I write the article myself?
Not really. Not everyone was born with a knack for words. But the internet is a place for videos, photos, and written content so definitely need content for your website.
If you do not have the time nor the skill to fill your page with juicy marketing articles? That is not a problem at all. Fortunately, there are people who will write web content for you for a small fee.
These people are called copywriters, like me. We write the content to help you convert your leads into paying customers.
Freelancers and ghost writers provide services to fill up your site and boost your profit earnings. And there are many benefits in hiring them, which we will discuss on another blog post.